Monday, November 11, 2013

Maggie Will Have A Latte, Please.

Of all the dogs that have shared my life, most of them were beer drinkers.  Peggy, a Boston Terrier liked a bit of wine at Christmas but mostly, the dogs that I've known have been beer drinkers.  Bridget, a Doberman/lab loved to drink beer and often went to visit our renter, they'd sit out on the picnic table and drink beer together on warm summer evenings.  But, Maggie has always been a coffee drinker.  Maggie was rescued by a friend of mine when her mother was shot while scrounging for food, Maggie was ten days old and my friend took the litter and eventually found homes for all the pups... Maggie was the last to get adopted but during the weeks before she came to live with us, Maggie went to work with my friend who owned a drive-thru coffee stand and I suspect Maggie had more than a few sips of coffee drinks during this time. My friend stopped by my house one evening to show Ken the cute little puppy... the rest is history
 
Maggie is a Border Collie/Australian Shepherd so she's has always been high energy, especially when she was young so she drinks decaf or half-caf... I can't quite imagine a Border collie on caffeine.  Scary.  For a long time, I thought Maggie liked lattes because of the milk but she'll also drink straight old Folgers... I can't bring myself to drink it but she will.
 
 
Maggie will stick her nose all the way down into a cup to lick out the last bit of foam.
 
 
On Saturday or Sunday, Maggie and I drive down to Rainier and get a latte and visit with Amy, Maggie's new best friend.  At first Mag didn't care for riding in my Subaru because she prefers the full-size bench seat in our old '76 Ford truck but she will tolerate the bucket seats to go get coffee.  The biggest problem is that she keeps turning on the seat warmers... hmmm. 
 
I know coffee isn't one of the better beverages of choice for dogs but Maggie can't afford too many lattes and naturally, she isn't allowed to order mochas.  I don't share especially well so she doesn't get much more than the foam in the cup.  Maggie loves the little bit she does get and she loves to go see Amy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment